LUMS has an alumni network of over 21,000 graduates worldwide
LUMS was ranked number 35th in the world by the FT 2016
You'll be allocated a syndicate team of 12 other students for group work throughout the year
LUMS students come from over 80 different countries
There are 650 taught postgraduate students at LUMS
Wonderful views of mountains and sea and only 5 minutes from the motorway
LUMS houses 3,800 students in the University's accommodation
Sports facilities include a 25m swimming pool, squash courts and weight training
Tweets by @LancasterManage
Follow @LancasterManage on TwitterTweets by @LancasterManage
The two types of MBA at Lancaster
The Lancaster Full-time MBA
The Lancaster Full-time MBA is an intensive and rigorous programme which recruits highly motivated, experienced managers from across the world. It provides access to cutting edge knowledge across a full range of business and management subjects, taught by world-leading faculty. Thanks to Lancaster’s ground-breaking work on how organisations and managers learn, our MBA has a dual focus on action learning and critical thinking. You don’t simply absorb theories and models and evaluate them in the classroom – through a series of consultancy assignments you take them out into the workplace, to test out their strengths and weaknesses and your own effectiveness in applying them. The programme modules and the allied Career Management Programme develop your skills for all kinds of management career – be it general management, consultancy, or a new business start-up. Tailor your electives to your preferred career route or keep your options open. Through its global mix of students, international exchanges and a series of client-based projects, the programme helps you to improve your international management effectiveness and your understanding of different cultural contexts.
The Lancaster Executive MBA
The Executive MBA at Lancaster is a two-year part-time programme for experienced managers. Its highly practical and action-oriented approach combines intensive modular input in four-day blocks with real business projects and close tutorial support. The programme design, with its work-based assignments in which you apply your learning, ensures that as your abilities grow, your organisation reaps the benefits. EMBA is geared to developing your knowledge of business functions and their interactions, and to building your ability to manage and lead in complex organisational situations. Its emphasis on practical thinking processes to underpin and drive purposeful action will develop your capacity to become an effective agent for change within your organisation, and give you fresh perspectives on challenging issues.
EMBA offers 10% discounts to CIMA members.
About Lancaster University Management School
Sample Admissions Essay Questions
"This is an important section of the form as our admissions staff will use it to understand why you wish to study with us and what makes you a suitable candidate for the programme you have chosen. There is continuation space overleaf. Applicants for taught programmes: Please explain in at least 100 words why you are applying for this programme, what you feel you can contribute to the programme, what benefits you expect to gain and how it relates to your academic and/or career development."
The LUMS application asks for two essay questions to be covered within the Personal Statement.
What is your aspiration and what are you trying to achieve? It may help to consider these questions in the response – who am I? Where am I going? Why am I going there?Answers should be broader than just careers, but specific information about your career ambitions must be included. Why did you choose a MBA and, more specifically, why the Lancaster MBA? What elements of the Lancaster MBA will enable you to achieve your purpose and ambition? Answers should demonstrate an informed understanding of The Lancaster MBA and thoughtfully relate elements of the course to your ambitions.
Application can be submitted via the University's Online application system.
Get free information about Lancaster University Management School
- Ft Ranking: 42
- Ft Ranking Masters: 61
- Economist Ftmba Ranking: 82
- Applicants Admitted Percentage: 22
- Class Size: 50
- International Student Percentage: 98
- Female Percentage: 46
- Scholarships Available: 6
- Course Length: 12
- Employed Graduates Percentage: 94
- Salary Increase Percentage: 88
- Average Gmat: 640
- Course Fee: USD 42,220
- Application Deadline: Rolling
- Accredited: AMBAEQUIS
- Average Age: 29
- Average Work Years: 7
- Nationalities Count: 20
- Businessweek Ranking: 0
- Economist Ranking: 82
AKA: LUMS, Lancaster
- High Potential - awarded to those candidates who can demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities from their career and personal life to date. There are five High Potential Scholarships available. The minimum grant will be £13,000 and the maximum will be £26,000.
- Director's Scholarship – awarded to applicants from the UK and Europe only. The minimum grant will be £5,000.Co-operative Group Scholarship in Sustainability - £6,500 will be awarded to the applicant who best demonstrates their interest in, and commitment to, sustainability.
- Scholarship for Women - All female applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship by demonstrating the challenges faced by modern organisations and the unique contribution women leaders can make in helping us meet them. The minimum grant will be £3,000.
- Regional Scholarship - All applicants who are offered a place will be automatically considered for a Regional Scholarship. The minimum grant is £3,000.
- Open Scholarship - The Open Scholarship is awarded on demonstration of need for financial aid to help with the costs of the Lancaster MBA.
Application Deadlines for October intake:
- MBA applications: 30 July
- Scholarships (R1,R2): 12 Mar, 14 May