The George Washington University School of Business (GWSB)
Sorry we have no stories about this school yet, please try searching for other schools using the search box at the top or check out the news section for hundreds of b-school stories.
GWSB has 23 student organisations and clubs
There are 53,000 GWSB alumni
There are more than 15 concentrations students can choose
Students at GWSB can chose from 200 electives
The GWSB student population consists is 40+% female
50% of the GWSB student body comprises of international students
GWSB offers 29 study abroad programs across 18 different countries
Read the latest news from the GWSB MBA admissions blog. Students at GWSB share their experiences, whether it's about careers, life at GWSB, or the community that makes the school special.
Application Deadlines (2016/2017)
- October 17th, 2016
- January 4th, 2017
- March 13th, 2017
- May 1st, 2017
Discuss why you are interested in pursuing an MBA at this point in your career (250 words), why GW—and the specific program to which you have applied—is the best fit for your MBA experience (250 words), and discuss how you will leverage both your professional and academic experiences thus far to achieve your post-MBA career goals (250 words). Dual/joint degree applicants should answer each topic with your specific degree experience in mind.
Please answer three of the following six discussion questions. For each short answer, respond in a maximum of 100 words.
-GW graduates use business to create positive, sustainable change. I make an impact by…
-The best piece of advice I have ever received is…
-GW students embody a global perspective. During my time as a student,
-I plan to enhance my international outlook by…
-I stand out in GW’s MBA applicant pool because…
-With a location at the heart of Washington, DC, I plan to leverage GW’s strategic location by…
-If I could do it over again, I would take advantage of…
Next Round: 4th, January 2017
- Ft Ranking: 90
- Economist Ft Mba Ranking: 84
- Applicants Per Year: 590
- Applicants Admitted Percentage: 45
- Class Size: 99
- International Student Percentage: 47
- Female Percentage: 40
- Scholarships Available: 63% of the global MBA class of 2013 received scholarships
- Course Length: 21
- Employed Graduates Percentage: 85
- Salary Increase Percentage: 103
- Average Gmat: 647
- Course Fee: USD 90,000
- Application Deadline: November (December, January, March)
- Accredited: AASCB
- Cost Per Application: USD 75
- Average Age: 28
- Average Work Years: 5 years
- Businessweek Ranking: 59
- Economist Ranking: 78
- Oliver T. Carr, Jr. Scholarship - Endowed for graduate students in the School of Business interested in real estate.
- The Carruthers Family MBA Scholarship - Reserved for full-time Global MBA program at the School of Business.
- Mike Curzan Global MBA Fellowship - Graduate students pursuing an MBA with a preference for a student pursuing real estate or related studies.
- Daewoo Endowment - For master’s and doctoral students who are citizens of Vietnam or China.
- Di Galoma MBA Legacy Fellowship - An MBA scholarship for a student enrolled in the full-time Global MBA program at the School of Business.
- Julius Fleischman Scholarship in Real Estate Studies - For a graduate student interested in real estate studies and its related fields.
- Philip P. Friedlander, Jr. Scholarship in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Studies - For students in the School of Business with concentrations in entrepreneurship and small business studies.
- Leo and Lillian Goodwin Endowment Scholarship - For MBA candidates.
- Hyundai Scholarship Fund - For master’s and doctoral students who are citizens of South Korea or the U.S. and are in Information Systems Management, Management of Science, Technology and Innovation, Procurement and Contracting, and International Business.
- Marvin L. Kay Fellowship - For a graduate student interested in finance.
- Rita H. Keller Scholarship Fund - For graduate students interested in International Business
- Poncelet Scholarship Endowment - For Belgian and EU citizens interested in Accountancy, Finance, Information Systems, International Business, Logistics and Material Management, Marketing and Science, Technology, and Innovation.
- Washington Gas Light Company Scholarship - For MBA candidates
International Scholarships and Fellowships
The GW School of Business is proud to partner with the following organizations to help fund our students’ educations.
- COLFUTURO GW LOAN-SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - Global MBA applicants who hold Columbian citizenship
- FIDERH/BANCO DE MEXICO SCHOLARSHIP - Global MBA applicants who hold Mexican citizenship
- FUNED FELLOWSHIP - Global MBA applicants who hold Mexican citizenship
- REACHING OUT LGBT MBA FELLOWSHIP
- AMERICORPS SEGAL EDUCATION AWARD PARTNERSHIP
- CITY YEAR NATIONAL SERVICE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- EDUCATION PIONEERS SCHOLARSHIP
- FORTE FOUNDATION FELLOWSHIP (female applicants only)
- NATIONAL BLACK MBA ASSOCIATION – DC CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP
- NATIONAL SOCIETY OF HISPANIC MBAS SCHOLARSHIP
- PEACE CORPS COVERDELL FELLOWS PROGRAM
- TEACH FOR AMERICA FELLOWSHIP