University of Exeter Business School
The One Planet MBA at Exeter
Global Talent Book 2016
The one Planet MBA
The One Planet MBA is a collaboration between the University of Exeter Business School, WWF International and leading corporate partners. These include: Coca Cola Enterprises, IBM, Thomas Reuters, Lloyds Banking Group, Canon and SAP. Our corporate partners support the programme and its students in many different ways including through our scholarships programme,
How do successful business partnerships benefit the MBA?
- They enable co-delivery of the MBA programme. Our partners work alongside Business School faculty to bring their own knowledge and experience to the programme by contributing guest talks, by leading modules and by setting real-life challenges for you to address.
- They provide opportunities for you to work with an inspirational range of organisations through case study analysis, consultancy projects, field and study trips.
- They lead and support our Business Resilience series of guest talks and panel discussions, and our Business Insights 2020 workshops
- They offer scholarships, work placements, and internships to you as an MBA participant
- They mentor you, help you succeed at job interviews and redirect your career
- By taking part in the MBA’s Corporate Advisory Board, they ensure the MBA is innovative, up-to-date, relevant to their needs and infused with the latest business ideas in insightful real-life case studies
- A good first degree
- A minimum of three years’ managerial experience, or more in the absence of a first degree
- Career progression
- A personal statement highlighting how the One Planet MBA fits into your personal and professional goals
- Certificate of Proficiency in English of the Cambridge Local Examinations Grade B or above
- IELTS 7.0
- TOEFL 250
- iBT TOEFL 100 +
Once again we have a £25,000 (full fee scholarship + contribution to living expenses) kindly donated by our corporate partner Syngenta for professionals with a background and/or demonstrable interest in food security, sustainable agriculture, rural communities and related areas. Scholarship linked to the undertaking of an MBA project for Syngenta in Term 3
Up to full-fees Ayudar scholarship for deserving applicants from Colombia armed with the desire to make a major contribution to business development alongside positive social, economic or environmental impact in Colombia. Those scholarships are valued at up to £25,000 and may cover programme fees, with a contribution to subsistence. Unique to the One Planet MBA
Scholarship of a significant value donated by an alumnus of the University, the Trevor and Dominica Yang bursary for MBA applicants from China and Hong Kong with the desire to promote “change for good” after the MBA
Also a number of part-fee scholarships donated by the MBA’s corporate partners, in particular IBM, Lafarge, Thomson Reuters, Canon, WWF, Lloyds Banking Group, Coca Cola – with the possibility of undertaking a consultancy project in Term 3 at those organisations
Early bird discount £3,000 for all applicants who secure their place on the programme before the end of March for a start in September
Newly introduced for the 16/17 session is a further discount for applicants with a GMAT score in excess of 650. Discount automatically applied.
Click here for more information
About The University of Exeter Business School
Tips for Applying
All potential candidates who meet our entry requirements are interviewed before a decision on their application is made. This interview forms an important part of the application process. Most interviews are conducted by skype (due to the international nature of our programme – it is not feasible for all candidates to be interviewed in person).
- Do – be on time to interviews and respond to correspondence promptly.
- Do - research the programme and be prepared to answer any questions about what interests you about the programme in particular
- Do – have questions prepared
- Do – be presentable and dress smartly even if conducting the interview remotely.
- Don’t – just read your responses from your personal statement or the University website – believe it or not, we can spot this.
Essay questions are normally set for applicants with no first degree. We use a variety of essay questions in relation to the content and purpose of the One Planet MBA programme, and the following three are representative of the range of questions we set:
- In your experience of professional manager to what extent can you envisage technological innovation translating into new business models, for yourself and your current organisation?
- You are producing a concise briefing paper for the CEO highlighting the potential benefits in the organisation adopting a more sustainable approach to its strategy. You know she is sceptical – you overhear her frequently associating sustainability with “being green”. What arguments would you use to secure her support?
- Please recall a situation in your professional career when you found it difficult to ignite, lead and manage change in your organisation, and how you overcome those challenges.
Get more free information about Exeter Business School
- Ft Ranking Masters: 91
- Applicants Per Year: 232
- Applicants Admitted Percentage: 23
- Class Size: 30-35
- International Student Percentage: 54
- Female Percentage: 41
- Scholarships Available: 10 – Ayudar scholarship for Colombian students, Syngenta scholarship, scholarships sponsored by our corporate partners (IBM, Coca Cola, Thomson Reuters, Lafarge, SAP, Lloyds Banking group, etc.) Early bird discount £5,000 Additional funding opportunities
- Course Length: 12 months (full-time), 30 months (Executive)
- Course Fee: £22,500
- Application Deadline: August every year
- Accredited: AMBA EQUIS
- Average Age: 32
- Average Work Years: 9
- Nationalities Count: 14
- University of Exeter Business School is routinely ranked within the Top 10 Business Schools according to the Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014 and the Complete University Guide 2015
- The University of Exeter Business School is truly international – with students from over 115 countries and faculty from nearly 30 countries.
- ‘The University of Exeter’s campuses are acknowledged as the most beautiful and botanically interesting of any UK university. The Streatham Campus, which includes the Business School, is a registered botanic garden and is rumoured to have the highest tree to student ratio of any UK university.
- Famous Exeter Alumni include JK Rowling (author of the Harry Potter books), Will Young (singer /songwriter), Zara Phillips (eldest granddaughter of The Queen) and Caroline Lucas (first Green MP and former leader of the Green Party).